WFMJ Weekend Today Anchor/MMJ
Youngstown, Ohio, August 2015- Present
Solo anchor Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts. Shows include local news, national headlines, live news interviews, political panels and lifestyle segments.
Regularly pitch stories, break news and land exclusives. Shoot, write and edit packages for 21 News at 6 p.m. Monday-Wed. Shoot my own live shots for the noon and the 6 p.m., post web stories and leverage coverage with social media.
Cultivate and maintain a network of local sources and contacts throughout the communities where I cover news.
Moderate live political panels and interviews focused on newsmakers of the week. Shoot and edit look lives from live interview segments that produced updates on a local news story or moved the story forward.
Political Coverage: Reported on Decision 2020, reported from the 2016 coverage Republican National Convention and the Presidential Inauguration. Traveled with Ohio Governor John Kasich's presidential campaign across the country through several states. Produced packages and live shots for the ongoing coverage.
Regularly filled-in during the 6 p.m. newscasts during the week in 2020 from April-December.
Host 21 News Podcasts on top local stories or big interviews.
WFMJ-TV Multimedia Journalist, Fill-In Anchor
Youngstown, Ohio August 2012-August 2015
Trumbull County Bureau MMJ: Covered multiple stories dayside including packages, VOSOTs VOs, look-lives and live shots.
Posted web stories and worked to increase online engagement with multiple posts to social media platforms.
Filled in anchoring on weekend morning, weekday morning and weekend evening newscasts as needed.
1590 WAKR, Morning Anchor
Akron, Ohio, October 2011-August 2012
Anchored top and bottom of the hour newscasts, from 5:30 a.m. through 11 a.m. weekdays. I wrote my own copy and edited the audio between newscasts.
Wrote and updated web stories.
Co-host and co-producer for the 1590 WAKR Ray Horner Morning Show.
Patch/Aol, Local Editor
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio November 2010-October 2011
Duties included reporting, writing, photography, attending weekly Cuyahoga Falls city council and school board meetings, creating video packages and managing a team of freelance reporters.
- Used time management skills and news judgment to properly plan coverage each week. Managed daily social media requirements Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Chartbeat and Hootsuite.
1590 WAKR, Anchor/Reporter/Web Video Anchor
Akron, Ohio, December 2008-November 2010
- Produced, anchored and edited the The AkronNewsNow.com video update.
- Anchored live newscasts, provided live field reports and filled-in for morning drive traffic update
on three affiliated commercial radio stations.
- Multi-platform content: posted stories to the web and social media profiles, edited photos, audio and video, created slideshows and managed breaking and general news updates and emails for AkronNewsNow.com.
- Updated the 24/7 streaming news station WAKRNewsNow. Collaborated with morning show
hosts to determine flow of content and standard features. Edited the daily schedule (radio logs).
1590 WAKR, Weekend Anchor/Reporter
Akron, Ohio, July 2005-December 2008
Produced and anchored live weekend newscasts and served as weekday fill-in anchor.
Live field reports from Summit, Medina, Portage and Stark counties.
Morning traffic reports ‘‘on the 5s” for WAKR and live on WEWS News Channel 5, Cleveland.
WVIZ/PBS, "NewsOhio" Anchor/Co-Host
Kent, Ohio, August 2005-May 2007
Anchored the weekly WVIZ/PBS program NewsOhio; a 30 minute television show aimed at encouraging students to explore citizenship, voting, First Amendment rights and social conflicts in society.
The team of talent evaluated packages from Cleveland TV stations in partnership with NewsOhio. Anchors and reporters wrote scripts and assisted in setting the rundown.
Host of the “Buzz” segment, where I highlighted student emails in response to controversial stories to explain their suggestions and solutions.
Kent State University
School of Journalism and Mass Communication Graduated with a B.S. in Broadcast News
Warren Junior Women's League
Akron Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
Yellow Brick Place- Emcee for annual luncheon and fashion show
ENPS, Edius, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Preimere, Adobe Audition
- 2020 Best Anchor Award, Ohio Associated Press Media Editors
- 2010 Ohio Associated Press Broadcasters “Best Reporter”, medium radio market
- 2008 RTNDA Rob Sunde Fellowship (WTVF News Channel 5, Nashville, Tenn.)
- 2007 RTNDA Mike Reynolds Scholarship
- Ohio AP Broadcasters Scholarship
- 2008 William H. Oliver Public Affairs Fellowship
- 2006 Loris C. Troyer Scholarship in Journalism and Mass Communication